What is WhatsApp Story?
Whatsapp Stories are the new form of giving Whatsapp status that was launched back at the beginning of 2017. It is pretty much similar to Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat Story feature that stays for 24 hours and then disappears. People across the world have loved this new Story feature of Whatsapp so much that daily around 450 million users are seen active in the Story.
The feature lets users share the best of their moments, memories and emotions through text and photo updates like a story. You can view someone’s Whatsapp story only when they have added your WhatsApp registered number in their phone contact list.
However, if you are blocked by anyone in Whatsapp or they have removed your registered number from the phone directory, you cannot view their story but can chat or call them in Whatsapp.
How to hide Whatsapp Stories from Selected contacts
Many times, when we post a Whatsapp story we don’t want it to be seen by a few people. Though blocking or removing their contact will solve the problem, but in some situations, we are unable to do so. These people can be intruders, few family members or anyone close.
So, to solve the issue, Whatsapp has provided users the opportunity to hide their stories from selected people. You can do it in the following ways:-
- Open your Whatsapp application
- Go to the Settings tab. Android users select the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the screen to visit Settings. iPhone users directly go to the Settings icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- You will have a list of choices. Select Account from the list and tap on Privacy.
- Select on Status option.
- You will see the option ‘My Contacts’ by default. This lets your entire phone contacts on Whatsapp view your story.
- Just below the My contact option, you will find another more option as ‘My Contacts except’. Selecting that will take you to the page containing the names of your Whatsapp contacts. Select the names from whom you want to hide your story and click on Done.
- The changes get applied to Settings. Now, all of your contacts can view your Whatsapp story other than the restricted ones. Also, the users whom you have restricted will not be notified about this change.
- However, if your restricted list is too long or you want to show your story only to specific people, then select the ‘Only Share with’ option.
- In the ‘Only share with’ page, select the contacts you want to share your story and click on Done. Now, only the selected names can view your Whatsapp story.
- In this case, neither the restricted users nor the allowed users will be notified about your changes.
- You can also do the same procedure by visiting the Status or Story section from your smartphones or iPhones and tap on the privacy option to change the settings.
Now, with the help of above-mentioned steps, you can easily hide your Whatsapp story from anyone without blocking or removing them.
INTRODUCING GB WHATSAPP APK 6.85- THE LATEST LAUNCHED VERSION OF 2019!! - Welcome To Gadgets Of India(April 12, 2019 - 11:44 am)
[…] DND mode for GB Whatsapp which completely mutes the application turning off the messages and calls; Hiding Online Status; Hiding Blue tick sign in chats reads; Hiding the second tick sign in message delivery; Hiding the typing status; Hiding […]