A Brief insight on Adhaar Card
Adhaar card is one of the important identification proofs for Indian citizens. The ID card features a 12 digit identification number which is unique for every citizen. Along with other identification proofs like Voted ID, Pan Card, Driving license, Passport, Adhaar card is also a valuable identification proof. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UDAI) supervises the creation of Adhaar cards in India.
For the creation, it requires demographic details of each individual and even captures their biometric details like fingerprints and Iris scan. It also requires existing ID proofs of the individuals like Passport/Driving License/Voter ID and residential proofs like Phone Bill/Electricity Bill/Bank statements etc that has the user’s current address in it. It is the largest Biometric ID system in the world and is very valuable for every Indian resident.
What to do if Adhaar Card is lost?
If the valuable Adhaar card is lost in any case either by theft or misplacement, every individual starts panicking. So, to help them out, UIDI provides these users an opportunity to reissue Adhaar card freshly.
The following steps will guide you about the reissue of Adhaar card in case if you have lost it.
How to reissue lost Adhaar Card
- You can reissue Adhaar Card from the UIDI official website https://uidai.gov.in/.
- Another thing you need to take care before beginning the process is, your previously supplied Adhaar contact number should be in use currently. Only then you can reapply online, as they will be sending you OTP.
- Now, on the website, you will find a section called ‘Adhaar Online Services’. From the options available there, you have to choose ‘Retrieve Lost UIS/EID’.
- You will be redirected to a page for entering Name and Contact Details. After filling the details, choose from the two options ‘Retrieve Adhaar Number (UID)’ or ‘Retrieve Enrolment Number (EID)’.
- Now, click on the option ‘Send One Time Password’ to get the OTP number in your contact number. Here you will be receiving the OTP in your last registered contact number. So make sure both of your given contact number and email id are active currently while reissuing.
- Now, enter the received OTP and after it is accepted by the website, you will be receiving your Adhaar number either by mail or by SMS.
- Now, you need to use that enrolment number in the website to download the fresh copy of your Adhaar card.
- Enter enrolment number and Click on the option ‘Download Adhaar’.
- As soon as you click on Download button, you will be taken to the page where you need to fill up details like Adhaar Number, Name, Residential address, and Pin Code.
- Once done, hit the option ‘Get One Time Password’. You will again receive another OTP in registered contact number.
- Enter the OTP to download Adhaar e-copy. It will be downloaded in PDF format asking for a password. Enter the pin code of your address to unlock the file and print it.
The above-mentioned steps give you a complete guide on how to reissue the Adhaar card if it is lost. So, from now onwards don’t panic if you have lost it accidentally. Instead, apply for it freshly.