Majority of individuals in this world are addicted to YouTube. It is literally the biggest entertainment hub of the Internet. However, since everything has pros and cons, YouTube has one major issue, that it forces users to stick to its platform as long as they are watching any video. Once they get out of the YouTube platform, the video gets stopped automatically.
This destroys the multitasking environment of users as they are unable to do anything while watching YouTube. Also, if the users press the lock screen button the video gets paused.
YouTube only allows background streaming in its Premium version which is currently not available in India and also a paid service.
Hence, to provide a solution, the following hacks have been introduced that is going to help users stream YouTube videos in the background.
Tips for YouTube Background play in Smartphones
All android users who want to play YouTube music and other audio related videos in background follow this simple hack.
- First of all, install the Mozilla Firefox browser from Google Play Store or if you have Google Chrome installed that will also do.
- Now go to Youtube.com from your browser, not the application.
- You will be prompted to the YouTube site. Search for any video that you want to play in the background.
- Now, click to open the video and from the three vertical dots go to Settings.
- From the settings, select the Desktop option and you will find the page reloading the desktop site of YouTube.
- Now play your chosen video and exit the browser. You will find that the video continues to play in the background even if you turn your device screen off.
Tips for YouTube Background Play in iPhone
All iPhone users who use YouTube video very often, follow this simple trick for playing YouTube videos in the background.
- Go to Safari browser or install Google Chrome from Appstore whichever comfortable.
- Now, in the browser address bar, type www.youtube.com and navigate to the official YouTube site.
- Once the site opens, search for the video you want to play and click to open it.
- Now, from the settings, choose ‘Request Desktop Site’ to move to the desktop version of YouTube.
- Now stream the same video in full screen and move out pressing the home button.
- You will see the video gets stopped. Now, go to the control center by swiping up the home screen and then swipe left.
- You will see the play screen and pause button. Press on Play to stream the video as audio in the background. If the play screen is available in the control panel, not need to swipe right.
Cons of YouTube Video Playing in Background
While these tricks definitely help you enjoy background YouTube playing in your mobile phones, at the same time it completely eats your phone battery.
You have to charge every 1 to 2 hours if you do this continuously which can destroy your phone battery.
The hacks are very helpful for mobile users as they can now enjoy a multitasking environment with YouTube background playing. But, at the same time should take care not to use it too much to save the battery of their device.